Reading our FAQ may save you time in calling or emailing us, as your question has probably been asked before:
- What are your opening times/days?
- When do your “Tiny Treks” go out?
- Do i need my own riding hat?
- What do i need to wear?
- What is the youngest age allowed to ride?
- What time are your Beach Rides?
- What time are your countryside hacks?
- Do i need to book?
- Can i book a ride today?
- My friend is an experienced rider but i am a beginner can we go out on the same ride?
- Do i have to pay a deposit?
- Full terms and conditions for North Devon Riding Holiday guests
What are your opening times/days?
We are open 9.00am – 5.00pm(winter) / 6.00pm (summer), We are open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
NOTE: WE ARE CLOSED SUNDAYS AND MONDAYS
NORTH DEVON RIDING HOLIDAYS operate 9.00am – 5.00pm(winter) / 6.00pm (summer) 7 days a week.
When do your “Tiny Treks” go out?
Our tiny treks usually go out at 12.00 on most days but must be pre-booked.
Do i need my own riding hat?
We can provide Riding hats if you do not have your own.
What do i need to wear?
All riders are encouraged to wear comfortable leg wear, this could be jodpurs, tracksuit bottoms or loose fitting/stretch jeans. Flip flops, sandals, high heeled shoes or boots are not permitted. We recommend wellingtons, riding boots. We have a selection of boots to borrow.
There are lots of brambles in our hedgerows so we advise that you wear a long sleeve t-shirt/jumper and do not wear excessive amounts of dangling jewelry that could get caught or lost.
What is the youngest age allowed to ride?
Roylands Stables is insured to take riders from the age of 4 years, There is no upper age limit. Children aged 4-8 are recommended to start by having a “tiny trek”ride.
What time are your Beach Rides?
All our beach rides are ‘Tide Dependent’ we can ride on the beach when the tide is out, we normally manage one in the morning and afternoon.
NORTH DEVON RIDING HOLIDAYS – Discussion on best suitable times can be arranged as per your holiday progression.
What time are your Countryside Hacks?
10.30am and 2.00pm
Do I need to Book?
At weekends and school holidays we get booked weeks in advance so to avoid dissappointment we recommend you book well in advance
Can i book a ride today?
We bring in from the field the number of horses for the bookings that we have in the diary that day. So booking on the day may not always be possible unless we have had a cancellation. Advance booking is essential.
My friend is an experienced rider but i am a beginner can we go out on the same ride?
Yes you can, our countryside hacks are designed for mixed abilities, so your friend as the experienced rider will have the opportunity to trot and canter, while you as the beginner can stay at walk on the same ride with a walking escort.
Do i have to pay a deposit?
Yes a £10.00 per person deposit is required to secure your booking. Group bookings require payment in full at the time of booking please.
NORTH DEVON RIDING HOLIDAYS TERMS AND CONDITIONS REGARDING DEPOSITS AND HOLIDAYS
1) To secure a booking for your riding holiday we require a 50% deposit.
2) All deposits are non refundable and non transferable to another date.
3) Balance of your riding holiday is due 4 weeks prior to the date of arrival.
4) Payments can be made via debit/credit card or bank transfer.
5) Please ensure that you take out relevant travel/accommodation/cancellation insurance.
6) Should North Devon Riding Holidays have to cancel your holiday due to circumstances beyond our control your full payment and deposit will be refunded.
7) Riding hats & suitable footwear must be worn while riding our horses. Hats can be supplied by us if you do not have your own.
All riding holidays will require a 50% deposit at the time of booking
The balance will be payable 4 weeks prior to the start date of your holiday.
Half day riding taster excludes Nov, Dec, Jan & Feb