Whether you are looking for structured and progressive horse riding lessons, a fun family holiday activity, a new twist to your Hen or Stag weekend, children’s birthday gathering or just the opportunity to try something new and different, Roylands Riding Stables offers safe and enjoyable horse riding, beach rides and pony trekking experiences to meet your needs.
We are a family run horse riding stables, established over 20 years ago, open all year for hacking, tuition, livery, beach rides and holidays. Roylands Riding Stables is BHS Approved & Inspected, Vet Inspected and has fully qualified friendly staff. All our horses and ponies are well schooled and we have a horse or pony to suit all abilities.
Croyde Bay is along the beautiful North Devon coast. Our hacks in the surrounding area have breath taking views of the sea and coastline. We are fortunate to be able to ride along Putsborough beach, 3 miles of golden sand to Woolacombe.
We offer the following rides and services:
- Devon Beach rides (for experienced riders only over the age of 14 who ride on a regular basis and outside the summer holidays only)
- Sand dune rides
- Half day rides
- Full day rides
- 3 Hour treks (as part of a full day)
- 2 hour rides
- 1.5 hour ride
- 1 hour ride
- Variety of ‘Off Road’ Countryside trekking
- Tiny treks (4-6yrs) (1 hour includes; 1/2 hour ride, tacking up and grooming etc..)
- Own a Pony Days
- Group or private lessons (half an hour or 1 hour lessons)
- Beginners or advanced lessons (half an hour or 1 hour lessons)
- Dressage and Jumping lessons (half an hour or 1 hour lessons)
- B&B for horses
- Riding Holidays 1 or more days
- Cabin Accommodation
All our horses graze as a ‘herd’ in the hills above Croyde. They enjoy lots of turnout and have Sundays and Mondays off. They are all well mannered, schooled regularly and many take part in local shows and dressage competitions very often coming home with rosettes! They all have their own personality and each one has a special place in our hearts.